Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentines Day

I thought that because it was Valentines Day, we should do a valentines activity. 

But first, I had them sing My Heavenly Father Loves Me, a couple times for practice. 

Then I told them how excited I was for Valentines Day, and that there is someone in our ward who does so much for all of us.  Of course they all guessed the bishop.  I explained that we were going to make a giant valentine for the bishop today.  I passed out construction paper hearts to each child.  I gave them 5 minutes to write on their heart, their favourite primary song, and their name, and then had them each glue their heart to the valentine.  This part was a bit chaotic!  Once all the hearts were glued on, I closed my eyes and pointed to a heart, and we sang the kids favorite songs. 

After singing time, I snuck down to the bishops office, and taped our Valentine to his door.



I got the idea here:  http://primarysingingtimewithmatilda.blogspot.ca/2010/02/valentine-for-bishop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment