Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nerf Gun Singing

This year, I made a list of all the songs that the kids know, and what I want them to know.  There are probably 50-60 songs on the list.   So today, I picked 4 of those songs, ones that they dont know 100%, and that is what we practiced. 

We started by singing through I am a Child of God a couple times.  Just to review it.  Then we moved on to our activity.

I brought in a magnet board, with a target drawn on it.  The outer 2 rings were divided into 4 sections each.  In the outer ring, I had written the numbers 1-4, and the 2nd ring was numbered 5-8.  Does that make sense??  The middle I left without a number.  If you have a white board in your primary room, you could just draw the target on that.


I also brought a small nerf gun, with 3 bullets - the kind of bullets that stick to my board.  As soon as I pulled out the gun, everyone got excited - especially the boys!

 I picked a kid, and had him stand back from the target - age approperate - and had them shoot.  If they hit one of the numbers, we sang that song.  Like I said, I had picked 4 songs, and those are the ones that we sang.  If they hit the bulls eye, they got to pick their favorite song.

This is always a fun activity.  But not super reverant...

No comments:

Post a Comment