Monday, September 17, 2012

Review, and Birthday Songs

There are a couple songs that I want to review this week, just to make sure the kids have all the words down.

So we sang over Nephi's Courage - the 3rd verse, and I Know My Savior Loves Me - the 2nd verse. We sang through them a couple times.  Then we had a competition to see what side of the room could sing it best.  A little competition always gets the kids going, but they are always surprised when they tied, again...

I knew that wouldn't take the whole time, so I stole these ideas from another blog (sorry I don't remember where it was!).  I feel like our B-day songs are getting a little boring, so I thought that this would spice things up a bit.  The kids loved it!  I only taught the Jr's the first one because we ran out of time.  But the Sr's loved the chicken dance!

Happy Happy Birthday Children Dear  (Hand Jive)

Happy Happy - slap legs 2 times
Birthday - clap 2 times
Children Dear - wave hands in front of you - one on top of each other 2 times (does this make sense?)

Happy days - slap legs 2 times
will come - clap 2 times
you all year -  wave hands in front of you - one on top of each other 2 times

If I had a  - slap legs 2 times
wish then - clap 2 times
it would be - wave hands in front of you - one on top of each other 2 times

a happy happy - slap legs 2 times
birthday - clap 2 times
to you from me - wave hands in front of you - one on top of each other 2 times


Your Happy Birthday p.283 (Chicken Dance)

(This is the song that starts:  This month is such a special one...)

This one you do the chicken dance actions 4 times for each action. 

I think these are hilarious actions, and I can not wait for our next birthday so we can do one of these songs.

Jr. - 10
Sr. - 10

1 comment: