Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sing or Dare

This week, I babysat 3 of my nieces and nephews.  My Sis-in-law, Meg, is also the singing time leader in her ward, so when she dropped off her kids, she also left this little treasure for me.  I love that I didn't have to prepare anything for Sunday! 



I used this as a review for 3 of my presentation songs, but I think it would work better for just review on one song.

Here's what I did.  I had a list of different "dares" or "sings", for the kids to pick.  (Surprise, surprise, the "dares" all got picked first.)  I had a different set of things to choose for Jr.'s, and Sr.'s.

Jr. Dare                                                                   Jr. Sing
Stand on your chair and shout "I love primary!"        Stand on one foot and sing the 1st verse.
Name 2 latter day prophets.                                        March in place and sing the 1st verse.
Give the primary pres. a high five.                             Play Stop/Go while you sing the 3rd verse.
Give your teacher a hug.                                             Whisper sing the 2nd verse.
Switch seats with someone else.                                 Tiptoe in a circle while you sing 2nd verse.
Name your fav. thing about primary.                          Clap they rhythm while you sing the 3rd verse

               Sr. Dare                                                                                   Sr. Sing
Name 3 Latter day Prophets                                  Girls face left, boys face right as you sing 3 vs
Tell the names of everyone in your class                Leave out the names of people and places 1 vs
Draw a picture of your fav. food.                            "Buzz" instead of singing the word "the".
Stand on your chair and shout "I love primary"       Rub your belly and pat your head sing 2nd vs
Hop on one foot around the podium 3 times.           Play stop/go while you sing the 1st vs.
Give everyone a high-five.                                       Stand on 1 foot while you sing the 3 vs.  If the
                                                                                     other foot touches the ground, sit down.

We were able to get through all  of the dares, and sings before my time was up.  Thanks Meg for the fun singing time!!

Jr. - 9
Sr. - 9

4 comments:

  1. Your Welcome!! Thanks for showing me your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Just curious if they did the dares as a whole group or just the one child who picked it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like dares are for the one child who picked it and sings are as a whole group

      Delete